Saturday, August 15, 2009

Now and Then

March 12, 2009

I’m on my training now. I find myself alone. I looked like a drab loner with a heavy problem of being an outcast.

My batchmates told me “Magsalita ka naman”
The other one told the others “Gusto nga nya mapunta sa non-voice account eh”

Yeah…Terrific!

I keep on memorizing pages of manuals. By the time I settled myself on the bus, I took out the reviewers and memorize. Never did I study this hard before, not when I was in college, nor in my highschool, not even in my gradeschool.

I remember crying with Jenny Gallegos on the hallway when we were in highschool. We have a periodical test in history and we were cramming ourselves memorizing the exact places of each provinces on the Philippine map. The names of the heroes and the dates they were brutally executed were even harder. Ayaw pumasok sa isip naming dalawa eh kahit nag-essence of chicken na’ko nun pare! Wa eh! Wa-epek! I hate history as much as I hate math. Funny how I can now easily memorize the US map, the airport codes and its cities and have a perfect score. What is the difference between taking the exam now and way back in highschool? Mas matindi siguro ang need of survival ngayon kesa noon kasi ngayon pinaghihirapan ang pera hindi tulad noon hinihingi lang ang pera, hay..

No comments: