Sunday, January 24, 2010

In Panic


Yesterday we were in panic. Rocky aka Mio, (my dog) almost died. If you’re familiar with Miniature Pinchers, they’re a breed that loves to play. Their favorites are bottles and bottle caps. Mio was no exception, he loves to get empty bottles from under the sink and you’ll be surprised how he could twist the cap using his paws and teeth. He can do this within five minutes. Yesterday, while I was cooking pesto for the first time, Germaine was shrieking with panic. Mio, as usual, went under the sink looking for his toys. What he got was a bottle of bleaching fluid. He actually punctured the bottle causing the chemical to leak. We were so afraid that he ingested enough to make him die. As per instruction from the bleach bottle, we needed to make him drink milk, and that’s what we did. Luckily, he is still alive and kicking today.

Panic is our topic for today. This feeling is what I hated the most because it is associated with fear. On this state, you blab uncontrollably in a high pitch tone and terror was so visible it was contagious. The worst part is you’re thoughts are cloudy, blocked by fear. This is why Germaine and I caused ruckus in the heat of the afternoon where everyone in dhe building where having their siesta. She irritated me with the shrieking manner she relayed the news to me. All she could say was “He will die! He will die! He will die!” The best thing to do in this situation is to stay calm, at least one of us should be. One should think properly and look for a solution. Maybe this is one of the reasons why everyone is advised to stay calm during the state of calamity. The seriousness of panic attack may cause more damage due to mental block.    

Here’s the deal. Apparently, I was in panic again. I don’t know how to tell my boss later that I’m resigning. That is part of my big change this year. I want to change my career and that means changing companies as well. I was given a better offer and finally I’ve decided to pass my resignation later. My previous boss wanted a change too. He applied to a different account hoping for a big leap. He was accepted and as parting gift, he transferred me to email team, the position I’m gunning for since day one. He made me promised 100% commitment on this new job. The problem is that the offer from the other company was given later. Now it doesn’t feel good breaking a promise and communicating bad news.

In case he stumbled on this blog, I want to tell him how sorry I am for letting him down. I’m sorry that I didn’t keep my promise and that it took days for me to consider my options. I am grateful for every thing that he has done and here’s wishing both of us better careers.

Anyway, I’m still in the process of calming myself down. I believe I’m in a tense state already because I can’t think straight and this blog is a ramble. My stomach is churning and the coffee and cigarette are not helping at all.    



No comments: